Welcome!

Hi friends! This blog is for teachers and families- all for the sheer joy of literacy. When we are enthusiastic about reading and writing our students and our own kids become excited to read and write. I hope that we all can be models for those in our care- how did you show your passion for reading, writing, learning, language, or words today?? It's in those small, daily moments that we teach kids to love literacy.


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Personal Reading Challenge 2012


Okay, here are the 10 Books I commit to reading in 2012 from 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die book. I skipped the 1700s, because my husband convinced me that the novel didn't truly exist until the 1800s. I only committed to 10, because I over-committed myself to challenges last year. Who knew--- raising a toddler and working is super time consuming!!?!

2000s
The Story of Lucy Gault – William Trevor
What I Loved – Siri Hustvedt
Blonde – Joyce Carol Oates

1900s
Amsterdam – Ian McEwan
American Pastoral – Philip Roth
Siddhartha – Herman Hesse
Night and Day- Virginia Woolf
To Have and Have Not – Ernest Hemingway

1800s
The Idiot – Fyodor Dostoevsky
Silas Marner – George Eliot

Do you have any favorites on this list? What book do you think I should read before I die? What books are you excited about reading this year?

Okay, now I'm off to bed to read. 

Be well! Read On!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...