Welcome!

Hi friends! This blog is for teachers and families- all for the sheer joy of literacy. When we are enthusiastic about reading and writing our students and our own kids become excited to read and write. I hope that we all can be models for those in our care- how did you show your passion for reading, writing, learning, language, or words today?? It's in those small, daily moments that we teach kids to love literacy.


Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorite Pin of the Week (2)


First off- Happy New Year!!

Doing:
As I post, my kitchen is busy getting installed by the IKEA guys (yay!) and my toddler is off at grandma's. What's a free lady to do?--read and blog, of course!

The holidays were great on my end. Long and relaxing. Since I work for a charter school with more of an experimental schedule, I have 3 weeks off for winter break. I always lament our short summers, but it pays off this time of year!

My husband and I are both teachers with the same teaching schedule (complete bliss I tell you!!)- so our days have been filled with playing with our toddler, doing errands, and enjoying holiday after holiday (my birthday was this week too, which is a personal holiday, of course!).

Reading:
I just finished reading Jeffrey Eugenides' The Marriage Plot. I plodded through it, never being much of a fan. I am 1/3 into Kate Atkinson's Started Early, Took My Dog- and am loving it. Why did it take me so long to find her? Thanks to bloglandia for steering me towards her. I plan to go to the library next week and refresh my daughter's books. Due to budget cuts they've been closed for the past week and a half- so sad!

Pinning:
Each Sunday I'd like to post my favorite pin of the following week. My favorite (literacy) pin of last week? This list of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die. It is a bit sad that I haven't read many of these books. I am a bit surprised that Zadie Smith made the list twice! Do we agree with this choice?

I'd like to read my way through this list. I'll let you know how that goes!

What sites were you wild about last week? I've decided not to do a linky for a bit. But if you'd like to join in the fun and post about your favorite pin of the week, make sure to leave a comment below- it would persuade me to add a linky. And while you're at it, start following me at Pinterest (see side bar).

Hope your start to the New Year was fantabulous!

Be well and Read On!



2 comments:

  1. Oops! I took a vacation from the Scoop this week! (Thanks for linking, though!)

    Anyway, Happy (belated) Birthday! And a new kitchen, to boot! :)

    Hope you are enjoying your day of reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThAnks for checking in and the bday wishes. I'm super excited for the kitchen... It will make my tiny house feel so much more livable- we had the original 1928 kitchen before... A bit small it was!

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...