Books and Products

▼

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reading + Pinning + Doing (11)

Reading

One Day and One Amazing Morning on Orange Street by Joanne Rocklin:  I'm reading this book aloud to my 4th and 5th grade students.  We've read the first couple of chapters. The kids that live on Orange Street have a mysterious visitor. With the visitor, comes a sneak into the street's past. I'll let you know how it turns out, but it has begun well.

 

Pinning

I just found BoomWriter today. This FREE online writing website encourages your child/students to write narratives. A celebrity writer starts a story, which is then collectively completed by young writers. This is a project of Citizen Schools, a non-profit that runs awesome programs at my husband's middle/high school. Check it out!
BoomWriter

This was a lovely pin from the week. I love this poster:
National Library Week poster, 1961.

Doing

We went to Little Farm in Berkeley last weekend. We checked out the farm animals (see rooster below), and took a walk to a pond (below). Even though my daughter was quite tired, we had a great morning.


It was my brother's birthday this weekend. His girlfriend had this awesome cake made for him (he's a huge Phillies fan)- I just had to show it off! We had a great time at my big bro's surprise party!

What are you Reading? Pinning? Doing?


1 comment:

  1. Both the book you're reading to your students, and that website you shared sound interesting. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete